Reports claimed the Spanish giants have targeted the highly-rated Mexican in the summer transfer window.
Chicharito, as he is known as, enjoyed a spectacular debut season at Old Trafford after arriving from Chivas in a £6million deal last summer - scoring 20 goals during the concluded campaign.
And while it's inevitable for suitors like Madrid to come knocking on his door, the 23-year-old believes his future lies firmly at Old Trafford.
"I'm very motivated after a great season with United," he was quoted as saying in The Sun newspaper.
"From now on I'll owe a great debt to Sir Alex for bringing me to Europe. My dream has not changed.
"I want to win many titles to give back to the team that opened the doors for me."
The Sun newspaper also reported that United are ready to triple Hernandez's current contract to £75,000 a week in a bid to keep him at Old Trafford.
And while it seems fame and money are coming thick and fast for the young Mexican, he remains grounded in his ways.
He said: "I'm not a symbol or idol. Football is not a sport like golf but a team game."
Chicharito, as he is known as, enjoyed a spectacular debut season at Old Trafford after arriving from Chivas in a £6million deal last summer - scoring 20 goals during the concluded campaign.
And while it's inevitable for suitors like Madrid to come knocking on his door, the 23-year-old believes his future lies firmly at Old Trafford.
"I'm very motivated after a great season with United," he was quoted as saying in The Sun newspaper.
"From now on I'll owe a great debt to Sir Alex for bringing me to Europe. My dream has not changed.
"I want to win many titles to give back to the team that opened the doors for me."
The Sun newspaper also reported that United are ready to triple Hernandez's current contract to £75,000 a week in a bid to keep him at Old Trafford.
And while it seems fame and money are coming thick and fast for the young Mexican, he remains grounded in his ways.
He said: "I'm not a symbol or idol. Football is not a sport like golf but a team game."
No comments:
Post a Comment